Poughkeepsie Day School employs a diverse, talented and enthusiastic faculty, administration and staff. Job openings are posted as they become available.
Poughkeepsie Day School has an immediate opening for an experienced development professional to serve as a member of the school’s advancement team in the role of Development Coordinator.
The person hired will be responsible for all areas of fund development, including assisting the director of advancement in capital campaigns, and will have:
- proven experience in all areas of fund development
- proven experience in innovative and creative development initiatives
- demonstrable experience in critical and strategic thinking
- ability to organize, lead and execute critical annual advancement events
- ability to manage social media
- advanced technology skills, including website management and communications
- experience and facility in basic graphic design and image work
Art Teacher Leave Replacement
Poughkeepsie Day School is seeking an experienced lower and middle school art teacher to serve as a maternity leave replacement through the end of the school year. Candidates will follow an art curriculum incorporating a range of media and preferably will have experience displaying student artwork within the school community. The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a progressive environment is essential. Position begins February 9, 2015.
B.A. required. M.A. in fine arts or art education preferred.
Experience teaching visual art to lower and middle school students required.
After-school Program Assistants
Poughkeepsie day School is seeking several assistants for our after-school program. Hours are from 2:30 to 6:00pm. This is a part-time position, running daily whenever school is open.
Important qualifications, along with a genuine interest and delight in the wellbeing and happiness of children, include the ability to:
- take responsibility and work as a team
- recognize how and when to offer support and guidance
- maintain calm in periods of intense activity
- interact and communicate well with parents
Personal hobbies and skills are helpful, including: musical ability, theater experience, athletic skills, practice in any of the visual arts and crafts, etc.
Previous experience working with children is essential. The position offers excellent experience for applicants seeking a career in education.
Poughkeepsie Day School is seeking per diem substitute teachers in a variety of subjects for all three academic divisions: lower, middle and high school.
The school day runs from 8:15am to 3:15pm.
B.A. required. New York State certification preferred.
How to Apply
To express interest in posted positions and future employment* at PDS, please send a résumé and cover letter to:
Poughkeepsie Day School
Attn: Victoria Mayes, Assistant to the Head of School
260 Boardman Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
*Note: If you choose to submit an unsolicited résumé in anticipation of a position becoming available it will be kept on file for one year only.